Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Running in the rain


Today was the first part of my training where I was challenge to take the day off. I waited until about 7:30pm and the voice in my head told me to get my butt out there. After the initial shock of chilly pouring rain, I actually enjoyed the 4 mile run. Who knows, race day could be rainy so I better be prepared.

Things I've learned:
  1. Wear a hat (preferably polyester) to keep water off your face
  2. Wear as little of clothes as possible
  3. If you have to wear a shirt, make sure you Vaseline, band-aid or bodyglide your nipples to prevent chaffing.
  4. Don't waste energy by dodging puddles (you are running in the rain and should expect to be wet)
  5. People will think you are crazy which is kinda cool
  6. The air you breath is refreshing
  7. The shower afterward is amazing
  8. Stuff some newspapers in your shoes afterward to help soak up the water

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home